Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ma'am...

I had to close lobby tonight at work. I was totally ok with it though; as long as I don't have to close with HIM my life is alright. Anyway, as I was cleaning play place, there were a couple families still in there playing with their kids. There was one little group, however, that for some reason just stuck out to me as soon as I walked in: a lady (probably in her twenties), a man (a little older than her and covered in tattoos), and the cutest 3 year old little girl I have ever seen in my life. It was just really adorable watching this big, tough, tattooed man run around and play with this little girl. Anyway...so this guy sits down with the lady at their table as I'm cleaning around them, but he looks at me and says "Ma'am, I just want to tell you how incredible this woman is," he paused and grabbed the lady's hand," I mean really, every time I see her smile it makes me realize how much my life is worth living. I love her more than life itself, though, and I want the whole world to know how much this lady means to me." He went on and told me about how they met, how long they had been dating, and how he wants to marry her more than anything. The whole time the girl was giggling and blushing and trying to get him to stop. But I didn't want him to stop. It was so encouraging for me to listen to a guy talk about his girlfriend like that...not just to her, but to some complete stranger.

I dunno. They probably didn't even realize how hopeful just listening to him made me. It wasn't until tonight that I realized that there really are good guys out there; guys who make their women feel loved, simply because they love them and want everyone in the world to know. I have yet to be with someone who I felt loved me like that...or at least cared like that. The girl blushed and acted all embarrassed, but I just wanted to tell her how lucky she was.

Sigh. Someday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment